Google Adsense Recovery Methods

Tips n’ Tricks on recovering and restoring your Disabled or Banned Google Adsense Account

Adsense is the leading contextual ad serving program in the advertising market today and is a crucial part of any webmaster’s income on the internet today. The problem is most webmasters do not take the necessary precautions and do not always follow the rules and guidelines Google sets therefore forfeiting their opportunity of working with Google.

The following tips are NOT for those who have used Blackhat methods of making money off of Adsense and have been disabled for that reason, but rather this tips are for those who have had their account disabled due to a mistake or unintentional error. Having had my own Adsense account disabled, I can imagine the shock and disbelief I faced when I read the news. Many times I was denied the opportunity of having my Adsense account restored, and here are my secrets of retaining that right to use Adsense again. 

Method 1: Appealing your Ban

First of all, if you were banned for click fraud, whether it is because of your own clicking, paid clicks, or somebody else’s actions, there is a very slim chance that you will have your account restored. But, don’t lose your faith because there is still a possibility that it may be possible to prove your innocence. In order to appeal your ban correctly and have a good chance of making yourself look innocent, here are some tips:

1. Write Professionally – This is crucial. If you’re going to write like a high school graduate, I doubt the Adsense team will do much. You need to position yourself as a business authority. Here is an example of what that should look like:

Dear Google Adsense Support Team,

I genuinely apologize for the trouble that my account and its closure has caused not only me, but also you the company, as well as your third party advertisers. I am really sorry that this situation arose and would enjoy the privilege of having our case reviewed and our account reinstated. If you look at our account history, you will notice that we have never had any issues with fraud or any violation of Google’s TOS before, and neither I nor any of my employees have clicked on any of our ads because we took precautions specifically against this and installed Firefox extensions disabling our own ads from being shown on our computers. 

However, as it turns out, on one of the websites that runs our Adsense campaign, there is indeed a traffic spike in our visitor stats and from a particular source which could have been the cause for this issue. Unfortunately this was out of our hands at that point, so I completely agree with Google on disabling my account at that moment in order to protect your advertisers, but please bear in mind that we have never had any problems with our advertisers as we are facing now, nor have our traffic statistics skyrocketed in the direction that we have seen. I have since talked to various individuals to help me learn more about safeguarding how my ads are displayed, and I have taken the following steps to ensure that something like this will not happen again:

 1. I have read and re-read the Google TOS and taken steps to ensure my websites undoubtedly comply with all Google terms. 

2. Purchased software for my website to monitor all activity to ensure that all fraudulent activity is stopped and prevented. 

3. Will make use of the Google Allowed-Sites feature in the Adsense program to ensure that advertisements appear only on sites that I allow them to and that comply with Google Adsense Program Policies. 

So please review our case and please deduct any earnings that are involved with questionable activity. I do not wish any advertiser to have paid for fraudulent clicks and I will do everything I can to ensure that my sites continue to comply with this program's policies. 

I have enjoyed your program up to this incident and would really love to enjoy the opportunity to work with Google again.

Once again, thank you for your consideration, and I await your response to our case and will continue to ask you to review our case. I have really enjoyed Google, and I'm not going to let it slip away because of somebody who liked the idea of sending fraudulent clicks through our account. 

Finally, I will do everything in my power to keep myself in compliance with Google as well as a valued publisher!

Attached are traffic statistics for www.domain.com, www.domain2.com, and www.domain3.com. The IP addresses our company uses are 34.342.356.12 and 607.34.325.2. 
Thank you for your time, 

John Smith 
Advertising Manager 

Website Name 
Address 
Contact Number

2. Be Polite – The second part to being professional is being polite. Google is one of the top companies in the world so don’t think that sending your frustration and anger will inspire them to reinstate your account. On the other hand, politeness, understanding, and a show of respect for their actions against you will probably go much further.

3. Patience – After you submit your appeal, you end up on a page that tells you that you need to wait up to 72 (or 48) hours until you will receive a response. Don’t resubmit your appeal too quickly. There have been times where it took a week to hear back from them and I know it is really frustrating, but it is well worth losing a week of possible Adsense earnings rather than losing an entire opportunity of working with Google again.

4. Be Persistent – You may not receive a response from Google the minute you submit your appeal. In my case, I’ve waited for about a week before I received my initial response. That response was not the one I was looking for, so I appealed again. In case Google does not respond within 1-2 weeks, send them additional letters of appeal explaining your issue (professionally and politely). Send another appeal every week showing you are serious about your contract with Adsense and your willingness to get back to doing business with them.

IMPORTANT! DO NOT SPAM them with the same exact letter of appeal – you’ll only worsen your situation. 

Should you be denied several times, wait a few months and try again. After all, what do you have to lose? 

BUT WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG?

Then, keep on reading for other solutions.

IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER!

• As much as possible, use facts! Provide Adsense with traffic logs, server logs, etc. Keep your emotions to yourself – letting your anger out on the folks who may ultimately restore your income is not the best idea.

• Offer multiple ways to contact you. However, use the same contact information, and DO NOT give all of your contact numbers (you’ll understand why later).

Complete all parts of the Adsense Appeal Form! If you do not know certain parts, write either Not Available or Not Applicable. It is very important to have as much information as possible, as this will be a likely reason that Adsense will not reply.

DO NOT SPAM! We all hate spam and so does Google (they’ve in fact made their search engines very good at detecting spam, and detecting your spammy appeals is not quite as challenging as filtering out spam from the entire internet).

Actually Read the Google Adsense Program Policies Located here: https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48182

Ensure your site complies with those policies! Make sure your website looks honest and trustworthy. There’s nothing worse than having a site that violates their standards and trying to appeal your ban at the same time.

Once again, be honest, professional, and respectful. AND BE TO THE POINT!! 

Method 2: Create a New Adsense Account

There’s a good change you’re probably reading this eBook because you’ve already tried appealing Google’s decision and received a denial message. You may still use Adsense by creating another Adsense account. It is very important though, to know these things: 

1. How Google Tracks You
2. How to Keep Your New Account from Being Disabled

How Google Tracks You

Google uses the following methods to prevent individuals from using multiple accounts.
-Your IP Address
 -Your Email
-Your Personal Information
 -Your Address
-Your Phone Number

How to Keep Your New Account from Being Disabled
The answer is simple. Don’t use the same IP address, email, home address, or phone number. Now this sounds easy on screen, but is not always easy to accomplish. Here is a method to use which should help you safely register and retain a valid Adsense account. 

1. Buy a Windows VPS and connect to it through Remote Desktop. I recommend http://bbvps.com as I   have used them before. Contact them, and you may be able to get rates for as low as $25/mo or even lower if you ask for minimalistic specs. If $25/mo is too much to afford and you’re a Linux guru, you may be able to find something for $10/mo and try to connect to that through VNC (Been there, done that, but it was too much of a hassle –but it works!). 

Preferably, look for a VPS who’s IP’s are located in your home country, otherwise Google will find it odd that your address and computer location are on opposite ends of      the world.

2.   American Residents – As you know, you are required to submit your SSN to Google in order to receive a paycheck. However, if your SSN is already linked to your other account, you may do the following: 


a.    Use your spouse’s Name/SSN

b.    Register a business or a DBA and obtain an EIN – In most states this is fairly easy and cheap to do. The good news about this method is it is not against Google’s Program Policies. According to Google, you are allowed to have a personal Adsense account, and your business is allowed to have its own account.


They’re very strict about these two being separate entities, however it is possible to have both at once.
Once you have your DBA/Business Name and an EIN you can safely register as a business! Keep in mind though, you must not use the same address (See point #3 below).
 
3. Find another address to register under. Sadly, you cannot register P.O. Boxes therefore you’ll need to find somebody who is willing to give you that letter from Google to validate your account. Preferably, ask your parents, grandparents, siblings, etc and use their address. 

4. Phone Numbers! You’ll need a different phone number to sign up with Adsense. Most people nowadays have a home phone and a cell phone, therefore this is usually not a problem. If you cannot find a phone number you have not already informed Google about, then there are plenty of 1-888 numbers you may lease for several bucks in case Google decides to use Phone Verification.

5. Your Name – You DO NOT have to change your name. This will not put your new account at risk as long as you do not use the same address, email, IP, or phone number.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER!

• Your domains ARE NOT linked to your account. However, in order to be completely safe and to be approved faster, I would advise you to create a Blogspot blog and publish about a dozen posts on it, and sign up for Adsense. This way, you will be approved faster AND you may then use your publisher ID on your other sites.

NEVER, NEVER use the same computer to log in to your new account as you did to your old account. You might think everything is ok even if you do it once, but come payout time, Google will make sure your account is disabled and your earnings are ‘refunded’ to the appropriate advertisers.

Don’t break Google Adsense Policies again...whether intentionally or non-intentionally!

Method 3: Take Google to Court

Suing Google – It’s possible! Read the article by Aaron Greenspan at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-greenspan/why-i-sued-google-and-won_b_172403.html You’ll notice he eventually lost as Google appealed his case, however reading his case will help you understand how the process works and perhaps will help you in making your case against Google.

Method 4: Using the BBB

The Better Business Bureau – While certainly not the nicest method to approach Google, you may file a complaint via the BBB at: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/GetStarted.aspx and hear what Google has to respond. The Better Business Bureau is an organization geared to helping individuals not be scrutinized by businesses. The nice thing about using the BBB is that Google is REQUIRED to respond to their complaint. Use this method as a last resort.
When filing the complaint, the link above will ask for Google’s address. This is:


Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
Next is a sample BBB letter for you to follow. Again, be objective in your writing and keep emotions out.
 October 19, 2009, My Google Adsense Account Was Disabled For "Being A Threat" To Advertisers.
 Adsense Account Number = pub-6120464041269871
Adsense E-Mail = johnhwikesberg@gmail.com
 
After writing to the Google Adsense team, they failed to respond to any of my inquires regarding my account. Not to mention, they failed to explain why I was a threat, or warn me that I was a threat.
My account had over $1,100 earned in the last 15 days alone from honest clicks. Its even stated in the e-mail that I was NOT disabled for invalid clicking which leaves me to wonder...Why am I being banned from the program? 

During 1/14/08 and 1/15/08 I had two giant web traffic spikes due to outside publicity generated on the Yahoo! Finance boards (I ran a stock website). I have a feeling these traffic spikes contributed to the bannig, but I may never know! 

I am also complaining about the lack of customer service I have received! I am outraged that a devoted Google supporter, such as myself, is being completely alienated, and ignored...and worst of all, I do not even understand why!

 Not only was Google Adsense my only source of income, but I have also inspired over five other people to create Adsense accounts. Now I must face them and let them know that I have no clue as to why my account is disabled.

 As a web publisher who is running an honest business, I am willing to change any aspect of my website to make Google pleased; however, I demand that I be treated fairly and I am let back into their program. Besides, if I am a threat to their “advertisers” while averaging $3,000 per month, how much of a threat are the individuals who make over $100,000 per month? 

Sincerely,
John H. Wikesberg

Method 5: Calling Google

Calling Google – This is also a method I have not tried, nor do I know whether it works or not, however, calling them may lead you to some results.

I do recall, however, that sometime long ago, this method was used by some individuals, and was not very successful. However, spending some time and giving Google a call would not hurt. If you cannot get to the “Adsense Department” try going through and ask for the Adword’s Department and when you speak to a representative, explain to them your situation and perhaps they may point you in the right direction.

This article was written to help you restore your Google Adsense account one way or another. The methods explained here are to help you restore your income from Adsense MEANING…If you are not making at least $20 per month from Adsense, I recommend not going through the hassle of getting your account back because Adsense is not the only publisher program on the internet, nor is your life over if you have been banned. Focus on building your internet properties and then turn toward Adsense, using the methods I have described. 

As always, when approaching Google, be professional in your conversations and best of luck to using Adsense again!

On a final note, once you do restore your account, keep the following motto in mind: “Cash in often, cash in well” – meaning request payouts as soon as possible and use Adsense only if they’re worth it. 

Good Luck :-)

1 comment:

  1. These are loaded with the facilities of dedicated server and cost of shared ones.
    Specially for developers required for testing applications and tools in which they need a good configuration server which is not available in shared
    hosting. ' Control panels, unlimited domains,
    sub-domains, add-on domains, email accounts, FTP, PHP and My - SQL databases are offered
    to each VPS clients.

    My website: virtual private server cheap

    ReplyDelete